More details on rotational molders
By Don Loepp on August 27, 2012 10:58 AM ET
Today Plastics News published its annual ranking of North American rotational molders. Here are some interesting facts about the rotomolding sector:
This year we’re ranking 125 firms, with rotational molding sales of $2,022.5 million. That’s up from 124 companies last year with $1,830.5 million in sales.
The average sales per company increased 9 percent — remember, in most cases this is comparing 2011 to 2010.
The following are new companies to the top 100 this year:
- Rotoplast Inc. of East Farnham, Quebec,
- Roto Solutions Inc. of Holmesville, Ohio,
- Fibertech Inc. of Elberfeld Ind.
Den Hartog Industries Inc. of Hospers, Iowa, is back in our Top 10 this year. Here’s a list of some of the faster growing companies in this year’s ranking:
- Gator Cases Inc. with estimated sales of $4.0 ranked at 75 moved up 19 spots from last year.
- Premier Plastics Inc. with sales of $2.5 ranked at 97 moved up 17 spots from last year.
- EnviCor Inc. with sales of $3.8 ranked at 80 moved up 14 spots from last year.
- Ball, Bounce and Sport Inc. dba Hedstrom Plastics with sales of $32.0 ranked at 14 moved up 13 spots from last year.
- GVL Polymers Inc. with sales of $2.7 ranked at 95 moved up 10 spots from last year.
- Accuform Polymers Inc. with sales of $4.3 ranked at 71 moved up 9 spots from last year.
- Midwest Rotational Molding LLC with sales of $2.0 ranked at 102 moved up 8 spots from last year.
- Rhino Inc. with sales of $25.0 ranked at 18 moved up 7 spots from last year.
- Inca Plastics Molding Co. Inc. with sales of $5.0 ranked at 64 moved up 5 spots from last year.
- Seljan Co. Inc. with sales of $5.9 ranked at 60 moved up 5 spots from last year.
Make sure to check out the full report — including a feature on Seljan — in the Aug. 27 print edition of Plastics News. We also sell our full ranking in the PN Store section of our website.
And thanks to Hollee Keller, PN’s editorial research coordinator, for this peek behind the rankings data.